Tuesday, September 17, 2024

King James & his Heaven



My heaven, I saw you walking in the distance.

With hair slicked; with movement free.

Like a panther on hot dogless streets.

Like the cats that we once crept to meet 

 *

Yes, I saw him and I was proud.

My heart sprang with joy; Alerting me;

Telling me that if I should die tomorrow: 

I will feel no sorrow

*

Earlier I rowed with a goddess,

Livestreamed on a jampacked line.

About umbrellas strewn around an umbrella stand.

About loves blankets made up all offhand  

*

I am a receptacle in need of redemption.

I am an immigrant teaching foreigners, 

In Houses of Literature, Economics, Politics,

 Culture, Law, All...

*

Mine home is the House of All!

*

All are welcome in this large marquee!

All gain credit and obtain it from me!

 *

I called for help to Peter 

who played a fine tune of pessimism,

took me round to James's house 

where I heard his tales of wisdom:

(And common shame).


Their effects were to conjure up rain,

Cleanse and then soothe 

the Transcendent Pain

*

But I will halt all impropriety,

Withhold my tongue; contain its poison.

Quench its fire while striving on  

Gunning for victory; 

and reach Avalon.

*

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home